ZENITTHYS Hybrid Station demonstrator is located in Normandy, France.
The demonstrator is located on road Marcel CAVELIER over a 440M² lot (about 4736 feet²).
Geographical position can be reached under: Latitude : 49°23’ north – Longitude : 1°03’ east- Altitude 63m. For Google earth mapping: click here
This new site far away from the first houses ( 0.5 km – about 0.310 miles) will allow to carry out further measurements and analyses over the environmental positive impacts of the project.
It will include the integration of:
CRIANN as Evolved Packet Core (EPC)
This computing center has been chose to act as EPC.
A TNT Antenna has been installed on the roof to provide to ZENITTHYS though a RF link the downlink to the User Equipment (UE).
Another antenna (installed inside the building) will receive the uplink from the User Equipment (UE). http://www.criann.fr
– SDR telecom Platform : integration of new signal processing techniques and highly integrated applications to reduce power consumption
– Drain modulation amplifier: its integrates the innovative ‘ Envelope Tracking or Drain modulation’ low consumption modulation technique. This technique adapts power supply to the requested output power for substantial energy savings
– Vertical wind turbine system: this vertical solution allows to include the antennas
– Solar energy system with on mast solar tracker for lower carbon footprint
– Battery system
– Long-term H² energy storage
– Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) for Wind and solar energy system
– Battery Monitoring System (BMS) for optimum consumption
– Energy Management System for best energy savings
Key Zenitthys results may be demonstrated and measured:
– Using latest advanced energy technologies, renewable énergies and long-term energy storage, allows 100% autonomy of this system
Zenitthys demonstrator mutualizes telecom and broadcast network antennas, uses vertical antenna, on mast solar tracker
– SDR Telecom platform and modulation amplifier are used to reduce the power consumption
Using latest advanced energy technologies, renewable énergies and long-term energy storage, allows 100% autonomy of this system
– Decrease of electromagnetic disturbances
The transmitting site location is outside urban dense areas, 0,5km far away from houses whereas reception antenna is kept inside the urban areas
– The transmitting antenna is outside dense urban areas and the receiving antenna is replace by standard TNT
The transmitting antenna is outside dense urban areas thanks to the mutualization of telecom and broadcast antennas